
A bluebird powder day at Alta
Friends and Family,
I realize it has been a substantial amount of time since I last posted, but instead of thinking about it as me becoming lazy with my blog I would prefer to look at it as my "vacation mode" manifested in the blogosphere.
After a wonderful and long "break" here at home (I use quotation marks because I actually did some serious and substantial reading, thank you Marriott Library), I am heading back to Cambridge on Sunday.
The next seven weeks leading up to exams I anticipate to be pretty stressful and intense, but at the same time after diving more into reading the past few weeks, I am looking forward to the time to focus even more on the subjects I have been studying in preparation for the exams. The 3 invigilated exams that I have are literally my one and only shot at passing the course part of my Masters program. So, needless to say, studying is a must!
Spending time at home with family and friends has been absolutely lovely, however, and I look forward to maybe posting some more about my Utah adventures at a later point.
Suffice it to say, I got a little taste of winter sport with skiing and snowmobiling, took in my fair share of movies, did some major Christmas baking (the day we were snowed in from church...), and also took my first punch at kickboxing. *No pun intended.
To all of you I hope that the holidays were well and wish you all the best in the New Year!
PostScript: I failed to post about my time with Katie in England because she did it so well. If you would like to get a glimpse into what a visit is like, click here.
Also, thought it was a bit fun that Queens' Mathematical Bridge reached BBC. Check it out
Happy new year Ingrid! I see you have changed the banner on top of the page, to a more suiting winter theme. Nice touch! (it looks pretty cold too. brrrr! :)
ReplyDelete