Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Halloween

























































On 27th October (that is right, not the 31st), Emmanuel College hosted an exchange with Queens' College - the Halloween Formal. The menu included "death by chocolate" cake and "Trickle Treats" to finish off the night (also included: a delightful harvest main course including squash, apples and other harvest food deliciousness).
We all "dressed up" which, in my case, included a cat mask and... a black dress. Pretty original, I know, but I was pressed for time on a school day and all.

We feasted in their old dining hall by candlelight that definitely set the tone of a genuine halloween evening.

By Halloween itself, we were all a bit Halloween'd out, but after spending 3 hours on the river rowing I felt inspired to make a Halloween treat for the house. After venturing out to Tesco's, a returned and spent the rest of the afternoon in the Maid's kitchen preparing "Susanna's Beste Sjokolade Kake" as well as zucchini pancakes for dinner. It all turned out to be quite a success as the cake was gone within minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment